WHY DO YOU COLLECT MY DATA?
We use data to send event invites, newsletters, offers to submit nominations for the Eliasson Global Leadership Prize of the Tällberg Foundation and occasionally for promotions. We also use the data to improve our performance.
DO YOU SHARE MY DATA?
We do not share your personal data with 3rd parties unless you provide your consent.
HOW DO YOU COLLECT MY DATA?
When you provide it to us directly, register for events, submit Prize nominations or are a nominee, or through our websites, and through cookies.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect your name, address, email, phone number, IP address, Device ID and location.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE OVER MY DATA?
You may ask us how we process your data, to correct or delete your personal data, and may opt out of email messaging and certain data collection and use.
WHAT DO YOU COLLECT THAT CANNOT IDENTIFY ME?
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our website we collect anonymous information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
SE-102 45 Stockholm
Information we collect and how we use it:
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when through our websites. If you make a donation online or payment to us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We have a number of Activities that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as visiting Tällberg websites and searching for members or groups. The majority of the Activities are used for statistical purposes or to contact you again in regard to our Activities.
In order to provide our full range of Activities, we may collect the following types of information.
- Information you provide – When you sign up for an Activity that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, phone number and an account password. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Activities or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our Activities.
- Log information – When you use our websites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use analytics tools to gather and assess information about how visitors use our websites and forms.
- When you send email or other communication to Tällberg, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our work.
- Communications – When you join the Tällberg network such as receiving the online newsletter, you may choose to allow other members of the network to contact you. These contacts may be in the form of emails. Tällberg does not share your email address with other members of the community, without your permission.
- processing a donation that you have made;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- dealing with entries into a competition;
- seeking your views or comments on our activities;
- notifying you of changes to our programs, activities and policies;
- processing a job application;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our performance;
- ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- developing new Activities.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Transfer of personal information
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular Activity that requires registration, we ask you to provide certain personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific Activity notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our activities, in which case Tällberg may not be able to include you in those activities.
Tällberg only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Tällberg in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable terms and conditions of services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Tällberg, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
Tällberg Foundation reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event hosted by Tällberg Foundation, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. Tällberg may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced or used by Tällberg Foundation including but not limited to: YouTube videos, invitations, brochures, promotions, newspapers, magazines, websites, etc.
A person attending a Tällberg Foundation event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact email@example.com, in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Tällberg employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Activities. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Tällberg processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and this Policy and/or any applicable activity-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our performance. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary and to inform us if any personal information is incorrect so that we may update it.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you participate in our Activities, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Tällberg is obligated to provide to every person who requests it, free of charge, whether personal data concerning the applicant is processed or not. An application under the first paragraph shall be made in writing to Tällberg to the address below and be signed by the applicant. If such data is processed, written information shall also be provided about which information about the applicant that is processed, where this information has been collected, the purpose of the processing, and to which recipients or categories of recipients the information is disclosed. The information shall be provided by Tällberg within one month of the request.
Tällberg regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Tällberg’s treatment of personal information, or to request a notification concerning which personal information concerning you is processed by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
111 48 Stockholm
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Tällberg’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Tällberg and an individual.
Changes to the Policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through email@example.com or at
SE-102 45 Stockholm
This policy was last updated in March, 2018.