Some of the questions we’ll be asking are:
- What are the implications of the policies in “destination countries” that are reducing new immigration?
- Will these policies impact the factors that are driving people flows?
- Why are governments—in spite of soaring rhetoric at the UN and elsewhere—systematically failing to cope with the realities on the ground, one way or the other?
- What are the implications for countries that think of themselves as transit countries, but increasingly find themselves hosting large immigrant populations?
- Can the accelerating pace of technological innovation be channeled to improve the lives of migrants and refugees?
- Are their ways to redefine the roles of NGOs or to incentivize the private sector to explore transforming migrant/refugee camps, from dead ends to something more positive?